Saturday, March 21, 2015

A grand finale unfolds across the lens

I went today to Sipoonkorpi National Park, starting from the parking place at Bakunkärr. There were no other cars at the parking place when I arrived. I walked for 2 1/2 hours, going first northwest, following the map closely. I found a route I had tried to explore last year but hadn't succeeded.

After finding the place I was looking for I didn't pay much attention to the map, walking towards south or southwest, following the little unmarked paths that go across the forests and swamps. There was only a little snow left, and that had frozen during the night, so walking was easy, except that climbing the rocky hills took some effort.

After walking for some time I was lost, which felt good, and I continued going south, until finally I decided to start walking east, back towards the parking place.

At this point I had not much idea where I was except approximately within a square kilometer or so. After walking for an hour or so, I realised I had arrived at the path near the parking place, and there was only 50 meters to go to the car.

The photographs were taken in Helsinki on March 1st.

(Posting title is from the poem Oxford by Fanny Howe.)

No comments: