Sunday, November 23, 2008

And then we got a lot of snow


Reeds in snowstorm, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Snow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

A snowstorm went over Finland, delivering 10-30 cm of snow in a few hours. The snow was piled in dritfs thanks to the strong winds. I did a lot of shoveling out in the yard, removing snow from around the car and the walkway. I think the same needs to be done tomorrow morning.

Here are two snowy photos from today. It is surprising how quickly you get used to the snow. A few days ago I was wishing for snow, now I'm thinking that this is enough, thank you very much.

I'm still trying to develop a good routine for doing winter photography with the LX3. With the Ixus 400 this was easier, because the camera was easily carried in a small pocket. But the LX3 is sufficiently bigger that this is not so easy. Also, the lens gets in the way. And as I'm using more manual controls, not shooting in automatic mode, the hands tend to get cold before I'm done with a scene. But I'm sure it is possible to find ways of coping with this.

No comments: