Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The photo you took, and the photo you thought you took


Lake Käärlampi, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Path between stones, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

It is often when you take a photo you have a certain image in mind, and when you look at the result it is not quite like it. So you are - at least I am - disappointed. And you might even delete the photo, as it was not what you were aiming at.

But after a while, when returning to an image, you have fresh eyes, and can see it as it is. Sometimes you can appreciate a photo only after "forgetting" about it for a while. A couple of years perhaps. (I'm only half joking.)

Today was a nice day, and we managed to go for a walk in the Luukki forest before sunset. Here is a lake view, once again, which was a bit disappointing as a photo, as I was trying to get a more "colourful" sky into the photo. But I guess you have to take what you get. And perhaps this is just fine as it is.

I'm also including another photo here, of the forest just before sunset, when we were returning to the car. A hard situation to take a photo, especially handheld, so here I was not so disappointed. I feel lucky that even this was possible.

2 comments:

bob wong said...

Your second one I find quite attractive, lots of mood.

I also really enjoy getting a decent sized image on my computer.

Just great.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks, that image has a mood I like to return to every so often. And I also like to return to that forest...