Tuesday, April 19, 2016

By the force of our longing it is

The photograph was taken on March 28th at lake Suolikas.

This morning we had rain, and the road was wet with deep puddles of water. But in the afternoon we had sunshine, and the road was dry. Quite variable weather, feels like spring.

Today I took my old bicycle to Sortti Station for recycling, after removing some parts that might still be usable. I thought for some time that I might make repairs to the old bicycle, but finally I realized I don't have any interest in it. I had the old bicycle for 11 years, and rode something like 30,000 km on it. Not bad at all, but still I was a little bit sad when I got rid of it at the recycling center.

(Posting title is from the poem “The pond is sheathed in ice” by Melanie Braverman.)

No comments: