Thursday, August 4, 2016

I walk this good road between rock

The photographs were taken at Suomenlinna Fortress Island in Helsinki on July 6th.

The car passed the annual vehicle inspection yesterday. I was a bit surprised. The car is 16 years old but still mostly ok. I cleaned the interior of the car, and did some car headlight adjustment. Also, I noticed that the windshield was slightly chipped, and I had it repaired, which cost 40 euros. I guess the car is now fine for another year of driving.

A colleague said that I should enjoy the "cheap kilometers" of the car as long as it lasts. And a car repairman said that there is no monetary value to the car any more, but still lots of value in driving it.

(Posting title is from the poem In The Summer After “Issue Year” Winter (1873) by Roberta Hill.)

No comments: