Saturday, November 18, 2017

There was almost a scandal

The photograph was taken on October 20th in Petikko.

This morning I walked for two hours, enjoying the early morning landscape. There was some frost and ice, and a little bit of fog in the open fields.

I met a man who wanted to say a few words. He warned that there is black ice on the road, dangerous for those who use rubber boots. Then he asked if I had some money to give to him. And then he quoted Bible and told that Donald Trump is working with the Israelis against the Israelis, hinting that Trump is the Antichrist intending to destroy the world. At this point I left, saying that the world is indeed strange, and wishing him a nice day.

But I wonder. If Trump is the Antichrist, that would fit all the lying, cheating, swindling, grabbing and molesting he has been indulging in. So maybe there was a mite of truth in what the man was saying. So, when do the righteous people in the USA realise what Trump is, and lock him up? (I'm being a bit ironic here.)

(Posting title is from the poem Dora Williams by Edgar Lee Masters.)

No comments: