Friday, May 15, 2009

Not: blood, sweat and tears. Instead: shit and vomit.


Green leaves, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Just a short note... This has been an exhausting week. A stomach flu (some kind of vomiting sickness) has circulated in the family, also hitting me.

I'm becoming expert at quickly deciding how to minimize the damages of vomiting. Toilet bowl is good, but not always nearby. Kitchen sink is ok, but there will be splashes. Vestibule carpet is not good, but at least you can wash it. Plastic bucket (big enough) is excellent, you can bring it with you where needed. And in addition to controlling the vomiting, there is a lot of washing to do, bedclothes, plastic sheets, etc.

I have spent quite a lot of time with the family. My wife has coped with the challenges admirably, despite all the sufferings. She keeps me going.

2 comments:

Markus Spring said...

My best wishes for a fast recovery! Being sick is not nice, but when the whole family is affected... I don't even want to think about this. All the best to you all!

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks, things are getting better but who knows what happens next.