Saturday, May 30, 2009

The way of the summer


On the way, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Lily, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Spring fields, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Geranium, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Here are four photographs taken yesterday and today. I'm getting better with the amount of light, willing to use even - 2 EV exposure compensation to get the result I want. And some of the images I have taken recently are not impossibly bad.

But I'm starting to wish for a better tele range, 60 mm of the LX3 is often not quite enough. I the Olympus micro 4/3 camera already announced? (I haven't had time to follow the photography sites recently.)

2 comments:

Markus Spring said...

The lilys are great, so is the field with the dandelions. But that monochromacity in the lilys really captures my view, and the lines and structures make it trying to really dive in. Convincing shot.

Juha Haataja said...

The lily photograph was a bit of a surprise for me. I was trying to preserve the highlights (white flowers) and thus the overall feeling was quite dark.

But the result is interesting. A learning experience.