Sunday, January 3, 2010

75,000 photographs taken with the LX3


Snow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Branching, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today my LX3 passed the milestone of 75,000 photographs taken with it. To celebrate, here are photographs number 75,024 and 75,123. The camera is functioning perfectly, although I never thought I would be taking so many photographs with it.

Next I guess is the 100,000 photographs milestone. Can the camera make it? It seems to be such a durable tool that I don't doubt it.

I seem to be taking a lot of photographs of trees nowadays. Of course, I have always been interested in trees, but these days the snow makes trees even more interesting than usual. The branching patterns combined with the snow create endless variations.

Update: I noted earlier the TOP list of popular photography books in 2009. I had only book #1 on the list, so I ordered #3 and #9 as well. And also the following two books: "Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision" by David DuChemin and "Saul Leiter" by Max Kozloff.

5 comments:

Markus said...

#2 is it for me - the abundance of branches covered in cool blue and the as a counterpoint the minuscule orange sky: a wonderful balance.

Re. the TOP list: I would be interested to hear your opinion about "Within the Frame". No spoilers here, but we can exchange our opinions later.

Juha Haataja said...

I'm getting the books in one or two weeks, I'll post my views on them when I get to reading. At least none of the books was expensive. (But I have invested more in photography books than equipment...)

Paul said...

I'd almost be willing to bet that the manufacturer probably didn't think that someone would shoot so many photos. You are indeed prolific! :-)

Juha Haataja said...

I don't know about the durability of the LX3, but I guess the shutter should be good for 100,000 actuators at least. (Although there are no "official" figures are available.)

I had some problems with the camera a year ago (lens getting stuck etc.), but they never appeared again. Hope so.

Juha Haataja said...

@Markus: I finally wrote some thoughts about the book "Within the Frame". Wasn't too happy with it, I'm afraid.