Saturday, May 23, 2015

There is grandeur in this view of life

This morning I went for a walk in Sipoonkorpi National Park, north of the parking place at Källängen, to where I haven't been before. It was clouded, and I got somewhat lost, because even though I had a map with me, I forgot to take the compass.

First I climbed to Böleberget hill, and then I walked towards east along a path marked on the map. Northeast of Fågelsång there was a forest with no wide paths to follow, and here I got confused about my orientation, going towards south and then west when the plan was to go east. But it was all good, as I had interesting terrain to explore, and finally I got back to civilization when I found a field, a house and a road.

These photographs were taken in Luukki on May 10th.

(Posting title is from the poem How Evolution Came to Indiana by Philip Appleman.)

No comments: