Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wordless, confusing

The photographs were taken at Linnanmäki Amusement Park on June 8th.

I wrote earlier about the Nokian rubber boots which I have been using since 2012, and which still are serving quite well. Today I remembered that I bought my bicycle shoes five years ago, after my feet got seriously painful due to too narrow shoes.

The shoes I bought in 2011 - Specialized BG Sport Touring shoes - were the biggest shoes to be found in the shop, size 47 (US size 13), and they have fitted my feet perfectly. The pain I had had in my feet disappeared in a couple of days after getting these shoes.

The shoes are still in excellent shape, after more than 15,000 km of riding. It seems that this particular model of shoe has been discontinued, but I guess they will last for another five years, at least I hope so.

(Posting title is from the poem Immigrant Picnic by Gregory Djanikian.)

No comments: