Saturday, August 29, 2009

Colors and forms


Clouds, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Forms, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Clouds, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

During the last few days, I have had quite a lot of exercise in various forms, mostly outside. And the weather has been good, despite occasional light rain.

There has been some opporturnities for photography, but much less than usually. And I haven't been very eager either, my interesting in taking photographs is not so great now. But when the autumn leaf colors start really to appear, this will probably change quite a lot.

In any case, here are some photographs taken during the last two days. I'm interested in forms of various kinds, but colors are starting to be attracting again, although I'm still shooting regularly in b&w also.

Update: I have now over 5000 photographs stored at Flickr, much more than I initially was planning for. Despite some flaws, Flickr has worked well for my purposes. I hope Flickr continues to provide services for several years to come - too many web sites close up after a couple of years.

2 comments:

Markus Spring said...

#3 was most attractive to my eyes at first. I like the good use of the wide angle effect here, showing a large specimen of those floating leaves plus the multitude of them, covering a big part of the water's surface here. But #1 is, in a different way, a good landscape image. It does not have that "punch" that many of the landscape photos now sport (I guess that's what the landscapist is condescending so much) but a quiet quality in a multitude of attractive forms. (But I could probably not resist to play a bit to bring out some colors in a more pronounced way.)
Re. flickr - I do store my blogged images there as well. For me the design of flickr itself is still way below standards, and after a while of participating in groups and comments life I now use it merely as web storage. But some important contacts I made through flickr, and I have even sold one image through them, so it definitely has its benefits despite the flaws.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks - it is sometimes hard to see how an image works as an image.

I did some post-processing for #1, mainly brightening the leaves which were too dark, but didn't touch the colors much.