Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Nordic Day of Wild Flowers


Myosotis arvensis, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Ants and aphids, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Flower, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

This Sunday we have the Nordic Day of Wild Flowers, which aims "to introduce the local flora, promote botanical leisure activities and offer common nature experiences free of charge to all interested in plants".

We went for a walk in a nearby park, and although there were quite a lot of wild flowers, I didn't manage to catch them properly in photographs. You may call a wild one the flower in the first photograph (although it is an old import), but the last one definitely isn't wild. And it was indeed that colorful in the sunshine.

I was asked what settings I'm using with the LX3, and when looking into the camera I realized I had been using "wrong" settings for some time. Namely, saturation was at +1 instead of 0, and i.exposure wasn't off.

Well, today I started using the settings I thought I was using: film mode standard (NR at -2 and saturation at 0), ISO 100, i.exposure off, AWB white balance without tweaking. But looking at the photographs from today, it seems that there isn't that much difference between 0 and +1 saturation. I probably switched to the "wrong" settings by mistake when setting on the 1:1 aspect ratio.

I looked up how many LX3 photographs I have uploaded to Flickr, and there were 7,648 photographs tagged with LX3. So, my estimate of deleting 90-95 percent of photographs seems to be true. (Of course, I don't upload all photographs to Flickr, family photographs for example.)

No comments: