Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sources of inspiration


Willow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Daffodil, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Water, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Mesh, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Only some days ago I wrote that I'm not interested in black-and-white photography, and here are two of them. For some reason I decided to try out my "other" custom settings on the LX3: the other meant for black-and-white, and the other for square aspect ratio.

Of the two black-and-white images, I like the second one best, because I overcome my impulse to shoot only color (nice hues of yellow), and turned on black-and-white. A discovery, I feel.

On the other hand, sometimes the photograph is all about color, such as in the image of water here. And for me the biggest motivation for taking photographs is usually color, not texture, form or light/shadows.

Once in a while, I try the square aspect ratio. But it is difficult to get something good out of it. Have to keep trying.

No comments: