Friday, August 21, 2015

I put my hands to my face

This morning I walked for two hours at Tremanskärr, exploring swamps and forests in the east part of the area, taking photographs and eating some raspberries and blueberries. It was quiet, and I found new places to explore later on.

At noon I had eye and tooth checked, needing to breath deeply and cover eyes with a hand, and it was ok.

During this summer I have started to use non-square aspect ratios, all the way to 16:9, especially while traveling in the middle of Finland. Perhaps the wide landscape was the reason, or then I just can't see things as squares any more. It used to be that over 90% of the photographs I took were square, but now less than half are. And I'm using the aspect ratio switch more and more, exploring the possibilities.

These photographs were taken at Koli on July 26th.

(Posting title is from the poem Makeup on Empty Space by Anne Waldman.)

No comments: