Saturday, December 19, 2015

And the path to the spring

The photographs were taken on November 22nd.

This morning I walked for 2 1/2 hours, walking around lake Suolikas in Nuuksio. It was warm, +7 °C, but there was still a little bit of ice in the north end of the lake. The length of day is now 5 h 47 minutes. Soon, soon the days start to get longer.

This week I have so far got 10 1/2 hours of exercise. In addition, I have done 5-6 hours of shopping with the children, which has been much more exhausting. A shopping mall full of people is not something to cherish.

I got 5061 km of riding the bicycle this year. This is a new record, almost 1000 km more than last year. The mild winters are of course one reason. Another is that I like commuting by bicycle much more than using the bus or car.

(Posting title is from the poem Meeting at an Airport by Taha Muhammad Ali.)

No comments: