Wednesday, March 22, 2017

To talk about trees

The photographs were taken on February 24th at Petikko.

Now that my oldest daughter is abroad, with a seven hour time difference, I have been thinking about how the world seems to be changing these days, for the worse. It was different when my daughter grew up. The world was getting smaller, and even though there were conflicts, one usually felt that we are living in the same world, with interesting differences between people.

Of course, I feel a sense of loss each time I note that she is away for a year, for example when there is one place less at the dinner table. At the same time I feel extremely proud of her. I'm confident that she learns to live the way one should live, starting not from fear but from hope and trust.

(Posting title is from the poem What Kind of Times Are These by Adrienne Rich.)

No comments: