Friday, June 26, 2009

The durability of equipment


Windows, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Steps, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I had the first equipment failure with my new camera, the LX3. And it was not the camera itself, but the Kingston 8 GB memory card which I bought in January. I thought these cards are almost indestructible, but the plastic cover is breaking into pieces, and the sliding write protect switch fell off. First such failure for me.

Here are two images from today, taken at noon in the center of Helsinki on the way to a meeting, after parking the car. It was sunny and the sky was completely blue which generated interesting patterns and combinations of dark/light.

2 comments:

Steve Skinner said...

I really like the image of the stairs; love the repetition the hand rail shadows create.

Juha Haataja said...

Indeed. I have climbed these stairs quite a few times and only now noticed how special they are.