Thursday, June 18, 2009

SoFoBoMo - publishing a PDF file at Blurb and Issuu


Garden, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Some time ago I finished my SoFoBoMo book, but there were a couple of loose ends. I discovered a way of generating a small and good-quality PDF file from a Pages-generated output file. A related hint discussed the output of each pages as a separate jpeg file. Both solutions were based on the GhostScript software, which is preinstalled on Mac OX X.

I managed to make a Blurb book of my SoFoBoMo PDF file with these images files, importing the images to the BookSmart software (version 2.0) using the full-bleed layout and the 25 x 20 cm book size. I have ordered one printed copy of the book (the softcover version). I hope the book turns out well.

Also, I uploaded the PDF file to Issuu (see here) for easier browsing and viewing.

The image here was taken today, a hasty roadside snapshot.

No comments: