Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My LX3 is eating memory cards (but still takes photographs)


Street, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Street, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Crossing, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Powerplant, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Here are four photographs taken today, within about 200 meters of each other. As seen, we had some fresh (and wet) snow, which clings to the trees. It was forecasted that we would get 20-30 cm of snow today, but we only got 1-5 cm. Still, the landscape looks nice.

And about the memory cards: yesterday my 8 GB Kingston SDHC memory card broke, a piece of plastic fell away from the edge and the card no longer works in the camera. This was second time within one year - and this card was in fact a warranty replacement for the first that broke.

So, next time I'll try some other brand. (Kingston seems to be among the cheapest, I wonder why?)

5 comments:

Markus Spring said...

Snow already, and quite some! I hope we will have some more weeks of a grace period - and I haven't taken all the autumn photos yet... The mixed light in #1 is impressive.

Re. the memory card: Another cheap one is Transcend. I bought a 4GB CF from amazon 1.5 years ago and it works flawless since then. At least the CF I can recommend.

Juha Haataja said...

The problem may also have been caused by the cheap memory card reader I have been using. In any case, I'm now using another card, have to see how it goes.

cristine said...

Nice post. Great photos. Thanks for sharing! :)

Mr Thorpe said...

I have broken 2 SD cards in my LX3, roughly the same issue the card fell apart, I thought it was maybe something I was doing or they were cheap they are PNY and OCZ, but I've never broken SD cards in any of my other 3 cameras.

Juha Haataja said...

Since getting a new one, I haven't yet have breakage problems, but have to see how it goes. I switched also to another SD card reader, the problems might have been caused by the previous one as well.