Friday, December 4, 2009

Decrease in IQ (because of being busy)


Glass, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Rocks, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Here are two photographs taken today. There was a little bit of snow on the ground, which made the landscape much brighter than it has been so far.

And now - some non-photography related thoughs, so you might want to stop reading here.

I might have mentioned that we got a new microwave oven at home. The previous one was 16 years old, and when it was on, our wireless net (wifi/wlan) stopped working. With the new one, no problems whatever with the net connection. Although I don't think the leaking radiation was dangerous, better safe than sorry.

And then to IQ. I was really busy at work this week. Meetings after meetings, dozens of emails to answer, discussions one after another, phone calls to make, driving from one place to another, from ministries to universities to cabinets, lunches in a hurry.

This morning I even forgot my work laptop at home because of being in a hurry. Similar things happened all the time during the week. Sometimes I felt that I wasn't able to think much at all, that my IQ had dropped by half. Not good.

Today I read an article I had written a month ago. It was fine. In fact, I felt that i wouldn't be able to write anything like that if I would have needed to. Going rapidly downwards, that is how it feels. Everything feels complex, and it is hard to get a grasp at anything.

And next week will be even worse than this one was.

No comments: