Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Repairs

It seems that many things are coming to an end. Just two weeks ago my favorite walking shoes made by Meindl came to an end, after serving 6-7 years.

Today I had my car for the yearly check, and it turned out that something wasn't right. Steering, suspension and brakes all need repair, not to mention some minor things. That is quite a lot to be done to the car.

My Toyota is soon 11 years old, so I guess it is about time something major breaks, but still, this was a little shock. In fact, when I looked at the car afterwards, I saw all kinds of signs of age. Maybe it was because of the harsh sunlight.

Here are some photographs from today, taken either from a car or on the streets of Helsinki. Today was not a day for walking in a forest.

2 comments:

Cedric said...

I know how that feels. I'm sure there's bits of me that aren't working quite as well as they used to and my car also died a couple of weeks ago after 20 years. I had hoped for it to last a couple more years but it wasn't to be. Still 20 years is not bad going.

Juha Haataja said...

That is a good age for a car. I'm currently in negotiations about the repairs, have to see how it goes. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.