Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fire and water - Midsummer's Eve

Last year I made a photo book during Midsummer, from start to finish, for the SoFoBoMo 2010 project.

SoFoBoMo 2011 hasn't yet started, so there wasn't such an incentive this year, but I did take some photographs nevertheless. Having an event such as SoFoBoMo really can make a difference in going from individual photographs to a whole book; there is the community, and you feel you are not alone in what you do.

The 2010 SoFoBoMo book was titled Impressions of Midsummer's Eve (4 MB PDF file). It is the most popular of my SoFoBoMo books, having been read 566 times so far. And I'm rather satisfied with the result. Even though there are things one could improve, the spontaneous work from start to finish feels good even today.

If you want to know more about photo books, I wrote some instructions based on my SoFoBoMo experiences. And have a look at the SoFoBoMo 2011 site. Today 265 people have pledged to take part, and participants can start in 6 days.

No comments: