Saturday, December 24, 2011

Green tea for Christmas

Ten days ago there as an off-topic article at TOP, by Ctein, about tea. Here I found a recommendation for brewing tea: "How do I brew tea? I am like a total fan of the individual PIAO 1 infuser."

I searched the net for this piece of glassware, and found several sites selling it or a similar product. Finally I found a Finnish site selling a similar tea infuser, brand name Huang (if you can call it a brand), which looked good enough, machine-washable etc., and so I ordered it.

The Huang tea infuser arrived just in time for Christmas, and after a little bit of use, I must say that this is for sure a great way to brew tea. In appearance the infuser is exactly like the one in the Ctein article. I bought a package of flavored green tea as well, "China Green" imported by Nordqvist to Finland, which proved to be an excellent choice.

I'm not a big tea-drinker, but sometimes I get the urge for green tea, ever since I drank a lot of it while visiting Shanghai a few years ago. Now I once again remembered how good it can be to drink tea.

Maybe drinking tea was the reason why I had the energy to go for a walk outside, despite the wetness and the darkness. Snow is all gone now.

No comments: