Sunday, March 24, 2013

So press to break my heart

Yesterday I didn't go walking at the Nuuksio wilderness, or any other forest away from the city. My second oldest daughter attended the birthday party of one of her friends at Sea Life Helsinki. I drove there by car, and while the party was going on I went for a walk with my oldest daughter in the center of Helsinki. We walked for 1 1/2 hours, exploring some of the smaller paths also.

We walked near the water, going from Linnanmäki amusement park towards south, crossing Töölö Bay along the railway tracks, going through the railway station, and then returning accross Töölö Bay toward the Winter Gardens, walking by the Music Center and Finlandia Hall. Töölö Bay is still covered by ice, making it a nice shortcut.

Here are some photographs from beginning of our walk, a bit chaotic views, but so it felt, not quite the silence one enjoys in places such as Nuuksio.

(Posting title is from the poem Sea-Heroes by H. D.)

No comments: