Friday, March 14, 2014

Life only, throwing its sensual

On February 23rd I had a walk in Luukki, going west of lake Myllyjärvi to Revonkorpi, and from there to lake Hauklampi. It started to get dark when I got back to the parking lot.

I have been commuting by bicycle this week, and the conditions have been perfect, temperature raising to +10 °C in the afternoon. Next week promises to be cold, and there may be a lot of snow as well, so it is back to winter conditions. Fortunately I still have the studded winter tires in the bicycle so that is not a problem.

(Posting title is from the poem Accidents of Birth by William Meredith.)

2 comments:

John D. Linn said...

As always, a nice collection of images.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks, John! As they say, just press the button to catch what is in front of the camera...

That said, I'm rather happy with the Panasonic LX5, but then I did early on quite a lot of work with the LX3 to find the settings which work for me. When I by mistake use the normal automatic settings (iA or scene mode), the results are shocking in artificialness.

The LX3 is my all-time favorite camera even though the LX5 sensor is less noisy. The control stick on the LX3 was much superior to the control wheel on the LX5.

In fact, the control wheel is stuck on my LX5 and doesn't work any more. But so it goes, you win some, you lose some.