Friday, February 12, 2016

How do you recognize a lovely place?

The photographs were taken at Oittaa on January 17th.

There is 8 cm of snow at Helsinki-Vantaa airport, and 0 cm at Kaisaniemi park in the center of Helsinki. This is less than I thought that there would be. But the flooding isn't much eased, as a lot of the snow melted away, and in any case it was very wet snow. I'm thinking about how to explore the flooding during the weekend, without taking too much risks of sinking into a swamp or getting soaked otherwise.

I had today the possibility to see what has happened with the restoration of the National Library building in the center of Helsinki. What I regretted is that I didn't have my camera with me. But in any case I could enjoy the building instead of focusing on taking photographs.

Addendum: This evening I spent some time in Terminal on the MacBook, doing a little big of housekeeping at the Unix shell level. I thought I would have forgotten it all, but it went surprisingly well.

(Posting title is from the poem National Account by Joel Craig.)

No comments: