Thursday, July 14, 2016

Lovely, except when

The photographs were taken at Korkeasaari Zoo on June 25th.

This morning I rode the bicycle for two hours. I went once again to Seutula, and returned via Pirttiranta, Luhtaanmäki, Vestra and Lahnus. I rode along gravel roads, which was not so pleasant, because the slick Schwalbe Kojak tires are designed for asphalt, not gravel. I had to walk the bicycle for half a kilometer, and in some places even carry the bicycle. The path between Vestra and Lahnus was difficult, due to all kinds of obstacles such as fallen trees etc.

A week ago I wrote about printers. There is one need for printing which occurs quite regularly, namely printing maps. I have a 5 cm pile of maps already printed, but every so often I want to visit a place where I haven't been before, and then I need the printer.

(Posting title is from the poem Alaska by Dan Taulapapa Mcmullin.)

No comments: