Monday, June 5, 2017

Oh, when will they ever learn?

The photographs were taken on May 7th in Petikko.

Last week I got 11 hours of exercise, most of it when commuting by bicycle. I took a rest day on Saturday. Today it felt good to ride the bicycle, even though it was raining in the afternoon.

I admire the attitude of the British people in their approach to terrorism. During the weekend I reserved flights and hotel rooms for visiting London with the children during the summer vacation. We'll spend almost a week there, but it is of course quite a short visit considering how much there is to be seen in London.

I have been thinking what to do with my investments in an index fund targeting "global top brands", 2/3 of which are in the US, companies such as Apple, Alphabet, McDonald's, Coca-Cola, etc. It is not a great deal of money, but I have been a bit worried anyway.

When Trump was elected, I sold 1/4 of the investment. I was worried that the stock prices would crash, but that hasn't (yet) happened. The value of the index fund is now at the same level as it was when I sold it.

However, this may not last, and thus I'm once again thinking about selling. The destructive actions of Trump will certainly in the longer term affect the value of US companies.

(Posting title is from the song Where Have All The Flowers Gone by Peter, Paul & Mary.)

No comments: