Thursday, June 15, 2017

Was like looking at a book of old photographs

The photographs were taken on May 14th in Petikko.

The stock market in Finland is doing rather fine. The OMX Helsinki index is +28% from one year ago. I have bought stocks in 41 companies listed in Helsinki, and the value of this investment has grown 35% in one year. Mostly my strategy has been "buy and hold", but I have done some selling as well. For example, India's Motherson Sumi bought Finland's PKC Group, and I got a nice profit as I had bought shares in the company a long time ago when it was valued much lower.

However, these days the world is changing so rapidly that things can be rather different one year from now on. I wonder what my thinking about investments will be then.

(Posting title is from the poem Over a Cup of Coffee by Stephen Dobyns.)

No comments: