Friday, March 6, 2009

Exhausted in Lapland


Snow fields, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Snag, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Crooked brook, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today I returned home from the three-day visit to Lapland. Mostly it was a good visit, but it was very busy, and the after-effects of the influenza still lingered. Also, I stayed up quite late and got little sleep.

Today I decided to try cross-country skiing once more, and it went better. But after skiing for 1.5 hours I was quite tired, and that exhaustion hasn't left since then. But sleep will probably cure it.

Here are three more photographs from Lapland. These are snapshots, as were the previous ones, as I didn't have the time to really understand the landscape in Lapland. But perhaps I made a little bit of progress, at least today I felt much better about photography, and the familiarity with the LX3 camera seems to have returned. And I'm once again enjoying taking photographs.

4 comments:

Steve Skinner said...

The image of the crooked brook is outstanding. The angle was well chosen and reveals great depth in the snow bank. I also love the line created by the snow's edge.

Juha Haataja said...

This is the Rumakuru skiing route, "Ugly Gorge" in English. Far from ugly I would say... It was a pity the sky was heavily overcast most of the time when visiting Lapland.

Andreas said...

Uhh, yes: #3 is fantastic!

Juha Haataja said...

Later on I realized how exceptional weather it was this day for taking photographs: sun low on the horizon, thin clouds diffusing the light a bit, spots of blue sky giving some contrast to the warm tones of the sun.

Ugly Gorge indeed!

Unfortunately even this little bit of skiing made me tired for a couple of days afterwards.