Friday, March 13, 2009

Winter sunshine


Lighted branches, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Fence and blue sky, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Tree shapes, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today we had plenty of sun, and as the day is already 11 hours 31 minutes long, there was time for a walk by the river Vantaa before sunset. The white snow made the sunshine even brighter, and the blue sky was got even bluer towards the sunset. I went for another walk after sunset, taking even more photographs. (Should I say how many photographs I took today? Ok, about 250 in all.)

It seems that we will get some sunshine also tomorrow. I can't much complain about the winter during the last two months - since January we have had a really nice winter, lots of snow, possibilities for cross-country skiing, and enough variety in the weather so that it hasn't become boring. (Well, there were some cloudy stretches but that wasn't so bad after all.)

Now I'm looking forward to the spring. Soon the snow will start to melt and all kinds of things will start to appear. And first flowers, perhaps already in April, who knows.

And SoFoBoMo '09 is also approaching. I haven't done much thinking about it, but I have now a lot of expectations of having fun both with the camera and with the computer in typesetting the photobook. I have installed Scribus on my computer, and it seems to be quite easy to use for making photobooks. I'll probably use it, although there are other alternatives also. Pages would have been interesting to try out, but there seems to be nice instructions about using Scribus so I prefer it.

I think I'll make some kind of practise run before the real thing, though, perhaps one weekend of taking photographs and another typesetting a photobook.

No comments: