Sunday, November 7, 2010

Upgrade cycle


Autumn, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Snow on leaves, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Night, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Here are two photographs from Sunday, and one from Saturday night.

I seem to have stumbled on an upgrade cycle, namely I upgraded iPhoto to version 9.0, and discovered that the new version eats up memory. (I'll make a separate posting about iPhoto 9.0 at some point - it is not all bad.)

Thus, I went ahead and ordered a 4 GB memory stick which would allow 6 GB of main memory in the iMac. Not too bad, as the cost was only 105 euro, and this is something I thought I would do anyway at some point. Having on the iMac six accounts which are in use all at the same time taxes the memory quite a lot.

But still, I don't like to mess with a machine that works. More often than not some other problems appear in a while. Fortunately there is still plenty of space left on the hard disk, so there is one thing less to worry about. - Well, have to see how the memory upgrade goes.

No comments: