Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tires become brushstrokes, hills

Today was a busy and physically demanding day. Maybe I packed too much things to do into one day. I started easy enough, going for a walk early, after seeing children to the school, as I thought that today may be the last day that the snow still carries a man walking - the weather forecast promises rather warm days and nights ahead.

And the snow did indeed carry rather well as I was walking in the Luukki forests, north and west of lake Myllyjärvi, in a region where there are no paths and in fact nobody had walked there before me, at least on this snow.

There there was some shopping, visiting the library, doing chores at home, and finally, the grand finale, changing the tires in the car, from studded winter tires to summer tires.

Changing tires went mostly well, but two of the tires were rather hard to get moving, and some of the bolts were really really tight. And I didn't have any tools except the old ones. Well, after applying some thought and a little bit of force everything went fine.

And then there were still some chores waiting... Well, I managed to do them all, and in fact I'm rather pleased with what I managed to do today. But tired.

(Posting title is from the poem The Grey Hills of Oxford by Sina Queyras.)

2 comments:

Andreas said...

#1 is magic :)

Juha Haataja said...

@Andreas: Thanks! (That one is into twigs...)