Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Was the view that I knew what was true

I made a mistake this morning. I felt a bit heavy in the feet after riding 32 km on the bicycle yesterday, and commuted by car instead of bicycle. But later I felt so good that I don't think it would have been too much to commute by bicycle again today. And it was a beautiful, sunny spring day, part of which was wasted sitting in a car.

But after work I went for a walk with my youngest daughter, to have a look at spring flowers. And later, after dinner, I went riding the bicycle with my two older daughters, to a pond nearby. It was a pleasure to be out and moving.

(Posting title is from the poem The Foggy, Foggy Blue by Delmore Schwartz.)

4 comments:

Markus said...

Your "Headless Biker" is marvellous, but my favourite is "Wet" - colors, shapes and mood are very very fine.

Juha Haataja said...

@Markus: It was a cold morning, the windows in the car had ice on them, and when that melted, it was like spring happening in speeded-up time...

Cedric Canard said...

Like Markus I also find "Wet" quite brilliant.
BTW good story about your old LX3. Seems to me like a perfect outcome. Kind of like a technological organ donor ;)

Juha Haataja said...

@Cedric: "Technological organ donor", that is a good one!