Saturday, October 16, 2010

Minimizing expectations vs. over delivery


Autumn, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Last green, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Leaves, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

A comment by Colin had me to google for something on "minimizing expectations", but I wrote the search term rather badly and thus got instead information on "The Brand Strategy Of Over Delivery", and just had to put that into my reply. And then Colin googled for this term again...

I guess Google did a rather good work here, first pointing something unintented to me, and then getting another customer as well as a result. This may be "The Brand Strategy Of Over Delivery" in practice...

However, I started to think about this a bit more. When discussing things like mobile phones, approaches such as "cost leadership" or "quality leadership" are natural, as in the Nokia vs. Apple case.

But when things are free, is there any meaning to things like this? (And no, Google searches are not free, we all pay for them one way or another.)

In any case, I do like to minimize expectations here at Light Scrape, so then I can every once in a while practice a bit of over delivery. Such as with the colors in the photographs above.

No comments: