Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And I let down the crystal curtain

Today I commuted by bus. In the bus I had some time to read the short story collection Gold boy, emerald girl by Yiyun Li. I was completely immersed in the book. Depicting China "from the inside", the stories presented a world which is familiar - and very, very strange indeed.

I took some photographs of the dirt in the bus window; an interesting subject to explore.

(Posting title is from the poem The Jewel Stairs’ Grievance by Li Po, translated By Ezra Pound.)

2 comments:

Markus said...

"Bus" and "Red" work especially well for me. And I think I know that feeling of mentally travelling in a book - and suddenly jumping back into reality at the correct bus stop.

Juha Haataja said...

@Markus: Sometimes it has happened that it is not the correct bus stop...