Saturday, July 14, 2012

Schools might learn sciences, spheres music, angels verse

Today I rode the bicycle for an hour and a half at noon. Later I went with the daughters for a swim at the Luukki lake. It was cool but sunny, the wind was occasionally strong, which kept the mosquitoes away.

I have been reading quite a lot recently, today I returned ten books to the library and got some replacements. It is nice to have time for reading.

On the other hand, you always have time if you arrange it. Not watching tv at all helps... According to statistics (pdf, in Finnish) from 2011, Finns watch tv on the average 2 h 58 min per day, which means almost 21 hours each week.

If one would read books instead that would mean quite a few books being read. My average is about one book per day, or maybe a bit more.

(Posting title is from the poem A Valediction of the Book by John Donne.)

No comments: