Monday, October 21, 2013

I believe that much unseen is also here

These photographs were taken on October 13th in Nuuksio, south of Högbacka. The fallen leaves give the landscape a character with is almost like pointillism.

I have done more and more shopping over the net, and the experiences have been mixed, though mostly positive. PayPal has a couple of times helped in getting things sorted out with the seller.

Sometimes an error by the seller has in fact turned out positive, or almost positive. In fact, the experience of the buyer is a rather intricate thing, as Seth writes in The complaining customer doesn't want a refund.

As an example, I bought from Birdlandjazz the book "Guitar Book One Preliminary and Grade 1" for my daughter, but got instead another book in which the title is almost the same (it was the next one in the book series). When I complained, the shop sent the correct book without charge, and let us keep the wrong book as a gift. But there was no explanation why the error happened; the book covers are rather different even though the titles are similar.

(Posting title is from the poem Song of the Open Road by Walt Whitman.)

2 comments:

Markus said...

Juha, the first and last image are outright perfect for me. I take my hat off!

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks, Markus!

When preparing the posting I thought these two photographs would be a good way to start and to end the little "story" here.