Monday, May 5, 2014

Of intelligent flowers

I was told that several kinds of rare plants thrive at Sipoonkorpi National Park, but when I walked there for the first time on May 1st, I saw only familiar kinds of plants. In fact I was rather overwhelmed by the landscape at large so that I wasn't able to pay attention to smaller things.

When I returned to the car at the parking place in Byabäcken, and was putting my gear away, I was thinking about my poor observational skills. However, just then I noticed some blue flowers by the parking place, two meters from the car.

Corydalis solida is a plant that appears in spring and disappears down to its tuberous rootstock in summer. I saw this flower the first time this year at Porkkala peninsula, and then at Sipoonkorpi.

(Posting title is from the poem Dreamer by Primus St. John.)

No comments: