Monday, December 22, 2014

But now shine on, and what care I

The days are getting longer once again, which is of course not yet to be seen, but at least one can imagine moving towards longer days.

I have done some shopping with the children today, and a walk is in the program this afternoon, after sunset. We are getting some more snow, and that is good.

I bought a new desk lamp, and a LED light bulb for it, 2700 K and 7 W. The LED light is rather nice, giving pleasant illumination, and no need to wait for the light to brighten. The price of the light bulb was half of the desk lamp. I'm not yet quite used to the price of LED, even though I do realize how much more I would have been paying for the electricity needed for an ordinary lamp.

(Posting title is from the poem I have led her Home, my love, my only friend by Lord Tennyson.)

2 comments:

John D. Linn said...

The first image is really nice... burgundy sky with a well balanced foreground.

Are your images post processed or JPEGs right out of the LX100?

Juha Haataja said...

They are jpegs out of the LX100. I'm not pushing the sharpness of the jpegs with the in-camera processing, quite the opposite, allowing the jpegs to be a little soft, but I do some processing in Aperture when importing the photographs, adding a little bit of contrast and clarity. Sometimes I correct the exposure also, but that is rather rare.