Saturday, March 7, 2015

Open up your eyes now

Today I walked for 2 hours 15 minutes in Meiko, visiting six different lakes. There was still some snow, but mostly it was easy to walk, as the ground is still somewhat frozen. Swamps were flooded because of the melting snow.

I imported the photographs taken today to the new iMac using the built-in memory card reader. Now I'm starting to realize how fast the new computer is, importing the photographs happened in a fraction of the time needed on the old one.

While walking, I recorded a 4K video with the LX100, and imported it to the iMac. On the old iMac there was no hope of playing a 4K video, on the new one it didn't even challenge the computer.

The photographs were taken in Luukki on February 8th and 28th. I have taken photographs of this particular birch several times, as it is of somewhat unique appearance, due to witch's brooms, but now it has been cut down.

(Posting title is from the song Witches Brew by Katy B.)

No comments: