Thursday, March 5, 2015

With my roll of bills unwound

Two realities: center of Helsinki, and Luukki outdoor area. In the other I work, in the other I breathe.

This has been a taxing week, because of the flu. It starts to be better but I still have problems sleeping.

Yesterday I went to the bicycle repair shop, and was positively surprised. The bicycle hasn't probably been in such a good condition since new - if even then. I bought the bicycle on March 4th, 2005, so it is now ten years old.

The repair shop cleaned the bicycle, replaced parts (crankset, chain, brakepads etc.), fixed problems (brakes were jamming), and I'm impressed with the result. Of course, I haven't yet made a longer test drive, but I did inspect the bicycle and it really looks good. And dare I say this: the cost of the repairs was much less than I have been charged elsewhere.

(Posting title is from the poem A Lobbying I’ll Go: A D. C. Ditty by Elaine Magliaro.)

No comments: