Thursday, May 19, 2016

To think I used to be so good at going to pieces

The photographs were taken on May 1st in Vaakkoi.

I have been pondering what to do with the dust problem of the LX100. I have been coping reasonably well, mostly by using the Retouch tool in Aperture to hide the blemishes generated by dust inside the lens unit of the camera.

Also, I have been looking at the available camera models, such as Panasonic GX8 and GX80, Olympus OM-D E-M5 and OM-D E-M10, and possible lens combinations. However, every time I have realized that the LX100 fits my requirements much better than any other choice.

Of the available compact cameras the result is the same: the LX100 is the best for me. Excellent controls (incl. aspect ratio switch), bright 24-70 mm equiv. lens with reasonable macro capability, big enough sensor (for bokeh...), etc. And the camera is small and light enough to carry in hand on long walks. The only problem is the durability of the camera after 100,000 photographs taken, and the dust issue.

If I would need a camera right now, I would buy an LX100. I'll try to cope with my "old" LX100 as long as it lasts, and perhaps the LX200 will become available when I need a replacement. Any other camera model that is available misses the mark.

(Posting title is from the poem End of Days Advice from an Ex-zombie by Michael Derrick Hudson.)

No comments: