Friday, April 26, 2013

The ceiling is a landscape

I'm starting to touch the bottom of the barrel, or how the saying goes? Anyway, these photographs are taken last Sunday at Luukki, and I haven't had time to look at any of the newer photographs. Yesterday I didn't take any photographs, it was such a busy and tiring day. The return flight was delayed by over four hours, so I was at home much later than expected, and didn't get much sleep before going to work.

While flying over Finland yesterday it was apparent that snow has melted away fast. Even 500 km north of here a lot of the ground starts to be bare of snow, partly because there was less snow than here in the south. I'm planning to do some walking during the next few days to explore the forests and swamps.

(Posting title is from the poem The Surrealist Learns To Fly by Jennifer O'grady.)

No comments: