Friday, April 19, 2013

The thrill of life and love they feel

I commuted by bicycle today, the second time this week. It starts to feel natural, and it took 45 minutes to get to work, and 47 minutes to get back home. I used a route which is a bit longer than normal, circling around a 300-400 meter part which is still covered by snow and ice.

I guess it will be possible to cut the commute time down to about 40 minutes in summer when one can dress lighter. Also I weigh 3-5 kg less than last summer. Then it took about 42-45 minutes for the commute, depending on traffic lights.

These photographs were taken on Tuesday and Thursday in Helsinki. Today I didn't take any photographs, but tomorrow I'm planning to go for a walk in a forest. It will be reasonably warm, +8 °C, and sunny. And on Sunday we may get +10 °C.

Today at lunch there was some discussion about taking photographs, as a colleague had taken part in the annual nature photography competition here in Finland. Three of his photographs had been selected for the semifinals. It was rather interesting to hear how his submitted photographs had been taken, and what it takes to get the perfect shot.

I couldn't resist posting today a photograph with a bird in it.

(Posting title is from the poem Schemhammphorasch by Rose Terry Cooke.)

No comments: