Friday, September 13, 2013

I must be silent, if I would be loved

I don't remember having many weeks like this one, going from one meeting to another, without pauses or lunch breaks. And I have commuted to work much earlier than normally just to get things done on schedule.

I have also been hungry almost all the time. This may be due to skipped lunches. Also, I have commuted by bicycle every day, which may contribute to the hunger feeling.

Since the beginning of May I have 2048 km on the bicycle, about 200 km more than last year, even though I have had problems with the bicycle, visiting the repair shop half a dozen times during the summer. I read in a news item that the average amount of bicycle riding for a Finn is 270 km in a year. So in that sense I'm not doing badly at all.

But now it is weekend ahead, and time to try to relax a bit.

(Posting title is from the poem The Affinity by Anna Wickham.)

No comments: