Friday, June 27, 2014

The moments borrowed their perceptions from the past

I spent today over six hours with the children at Linnanmäki Amusement Park in Helsinki. The weather was cool, about +15 °C, and there were relatively few people at Linnanmäki, and thus the queues at the rides were short or even non-existent.

My favorite ride at Linnanmäki is Vuoristorata, the classic roller coaster, built of wood and steel in 1951. Vuoristorata seemed to be ancient when I rode it the first time as a child, the year was 1975. It feels almost the same today, even the smell of tar is preserved. My daughter likes Vuoristorata a lot, and today I rode it with her twenty times.

The photographs were taken at Vaakkoi on June 21st.

(Posting title is from the poem Falling Water by John Koethe.)

No comments: