Thursday, January 14, 2016

To illustrate as in a children’s book

The photographs were taken on December 27th when the weather started to get colder. Now we have 21 cm of snow, and the temperature is at -12 °C.

I commuted by bicycle today. Riding the bicycle was somewhat heavy and bumpy, and I got two hours of exercise. I didn't get cold, but I may have had a little bit too much clothing. Butter warm than cold, though.

Yesterday I tested the new 4G wireless router. It is indeed 2-3 times faster when downloading and 10 times faster when uploading than the old ADSL-based system. I uploaded a couple of dozen photographs to Flickr, and when it used to take 10-20 seconds for one photograph, it now takes 1-2 seconds.

(Posting title is from the poem The Butcher’s Apprentice, 1911–1914 by Adam Kirsch.)

No comments: