Sunday, January 24, 2016

White wonder of creation, fashioned in

The photographs were taken at Grenomossen swamp in Meiko on January 2nd. The swamp was frozen and there was a little bit of snowfall.

Today I walked at Myllyjärvi, south of Luukki, the same place as yesterday. There was new snow, and the only fresh tracks were made by snowshoes. I didn't see anyone else. There was a big spider walking slowly on top of the snow. It was -2 °C, so this was quite an achievement.

There is 10 cm of new snow already today, and there will be more. This means some extra exercise for the afternoon. So far this week I have got 10 1/2 hours of exercise.

Update: I processed some of the more recent photographs today and uploaded them to Flickr. I have been pondering whether the image stabilization of the LX100 isn't quite as good as on the LX3/LX5. But then I got the photograph shown below, taken handheld, at 3.2 seconds (!) exposure. I was standing in the snow, feet apart, taking half a dozen photographs, of which this one was the sharpest. I'm not going to complain about the image stabilization of the LX100 any more.


(Posting title is from the poem “The Octoroon” by Albery Allson Whitman.)

No comments: